Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk 2000 Homegrown Factory Project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    S73p43n
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post. I’ve been wanting to get my 2000 Homegrown up and running and have some questions. I have the ICBM headset, RaceFace seat post and brand new Hayes Mag G1 disc brakes.
    My plan is to convert it to 1 X 9 with a 32 up front and a 11/40 cassette. I’ve seen some people who have successfully converted their ride to 650b w/o any issues. A few questions:
    Can I continue to use the Mag G1’s with 650b wheels (specifically in the rear)?
    I was hoping to go rigid in the front. Has anyone had success with a rigid fork up front with 650b wheel? What fork did you use? Is their any geometry issues? Any help would be awesome. Thanks a lot.

S73p43n
    Participant

2000 Homegrown Factory 

Hayes  Mag G1 w/ Carbon levers

s73p43n-img1042.jpg

bikeric
    Participant

You just need to remove the front derailleur to fit a 650b wheel/tire.  I think you might be limited to 650bx2.1″ tread.  These frames perform best with ~80mm forks IMO, so find a rigid fork with an axle to crown length of ~450mm.  Your rear brake will have no problem with the 650b wheel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top