Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk What the heck have I got? Original owner needs help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RubiconJohn
    Participant

Hi, Newbie here and not a bike expert at all.  Can anyone tell me what I have and how much it’s worth?  I’m looking to sell at a fair price.  Appears to be a 1997 Hard tail LXT or XT…but I don’t know.  I’m the original owner and this bike unmodified, it’s the same as the day I purchased it.  Some scratches from the garage and bike racks, only minor chips. Only on the trails twice, the easy trails.  A few weeks after I purchased it I went out and bought a Motocross and never went back to mountain bikes.  Thank you everyone, I could really use the help. John

bikeric
    Participant

You are correct about it being a 1997 Homegrown LXT.  It appears to be very big.  What does it measure from the center of the bottom bracket to the to of the seat tube clamp?  My guess would be 21″, making it an XL.  Value?  Sadly, not what they used to be.  Maybe $250-$300 if you can find someone who wants that size.

RubiconJohn
    Participant

Got it, thank you so much…I’ll measure it soon.  It is a big frame, don’t think its the largest, but still on the tall side

Wiescins
    Participant

What size did this measure out too?  Looks like a 21″ to me, but curious to know actual. I may be interested if you are still looking to sell. 

RubiconJohn
    Participant

Sorry it is sold, I don’t know how to remove

Wiescins
    Participant

I guess I should be faster than 10 months after posting!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top