Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyQPublic
    Participant

It’s time for some new tires for my HG and I was hoping for some input from you guys.

I would say these days I spend half my time on blacktop and half on the trails. Would the Maxxis Holy Roller be a good tire for these two terrains? Any suggestions are welcome however I am trying to keep my budget around $20-30 per tire. Also, where do most of you purchase your tires…LBS or internet vendor?

Peace,

John

rostra0311
    Participant

I always liked WTB VELOCIRAPTOR.  Always found it to be good wearing on and off road.  Currently on my 99 Trek 7000zx  I have been road riding around town to get back in shape.  That and just started my growing my 99 HG Pro. Will be putting the raptors on it.  Under $30 at most online retailers right now.  

chas60422
    Participant

I like Mutano raptor.  The center tread are small nobs close together.  Almost a slick, nice for hardpack and/or asphalt.  The sides are very aggressive so you can corner with confidence.  There are varying compounds which affect wear and weight.  The best deals are the online stores (nashbar, performance, universalcycles.com, pricepoint, etc) but look out for your LBS having their sales.

JohnnyQPublic
    Participant

Thanks for the recommendations…I ended up ordering a pair (front/rear) of the WTB Velociraptors.

After you suggested them I remembered I had them on my Gary Fisher KaiTai many moons ago & they performed quite well.

They also had really good reviews on mtbr.comSmile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top