Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade For Sale: 1997 Factory XTR Hardtail, Bass Boat Blue, 22lbs 10oz, $650

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Whitney
    Participant

Take a look at the Ebay auction for this bike for a (very!) detailed description and a bunch more pics.  Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200879793805?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

There is a ton of information in the auction so I won’t clutter up this post by putting it all here as well, but here are a few highlights and some pertinent facts.

– The original stickers were badly damaged so I peeled them off and found the black “Schwinn” lettering.  The headbage is also not original as far as I can tell, but it was added by a previous owner.

– The exact color of the Bass Boat Blue paint and the stickers that were on the frame point to it being a 1997, but the cables are routed on the top of the top tube instead of on an angle on side which was a change for the ’98 frames.  It also still has the braze on mount for cantilever brakes which all ’97’s had, but only the ’98 Factory XTR Hardtail had.  So it looks like it might be some kind of hybrid having the paint and stickers of a ’97 Factory XTR but cable routing of a ’98.  Interesting.

– The SID World Cup fork is an ’01 or ’02 and was bright  blue.  I painted it matte black and added the stickers.  It turned out quite well.

– The XTR group is original, but virtually everything else was added when I bought the bike. 

– The Stan’s ZTR 355 rims are laced to the original XTR hubs with DT Swiss Revolution spokes and are wicked light.

Email me (Chuck) at oldblue5544@yahoo.com or call at 505.870.3752 with any questions.

Chuck Whitney
    Participant

Bike is sold!  Thanks for looking.

sandwich
    Participant

Disassembled and back on ebay?

EDIT by John: Had to use tinyURL because the text patterns were resulting in the smileys.

sandwich
    Participant

Thanks! Beautiful frame.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top