Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade Project Underground frame on Ebay – no affiliation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    grambo
    Participant

Nice looking Project Underground frame on ebay right now, with four days left. At $310 currently.
    Non-stock seat clamp, head badge, and down tube decal, but the paint seems to be in pretty good shape overall.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181098572913

Serial 613023 (for reference)

Edit: Sold to a member for $406

livernose
    Participant

And I was happy to get it. Almost completed the build.

livernose
    Participant

Not a great picture but this is #1 Project Underground finished. NOS SID World Cup fork, NOS period correct XTR shifters, XTR Derailleurs, XTR rear hub, blue Machine Tech front hub, Lightly used XTR crankset, XTR ti rear cassette, Avid Ultimate V brakes, Mavic 717 rims, Chris King Headset, Thomson stem and seat post, Schwinn Stinger saddle, Easton Monkey Lite bars, and Mythos XC tires. All I did to the frame was light touch up and clear coat. My thanks to Grambo for the heads up on the frame. I had been looking for one for 6 years. No one I knew would sell theirs. BTW, #2 Project Underground in the works, gonna be new 2 X 10 speed XT set-up.

john
    Keymaster

Awesome bike. One day I’ll have one.

Where did you get the new downtube decals?

john
    Keymaster

Thanks for the detailed info, Jeff! I’ll be in touch with those guys.

livernose
    Participant

The Project Underground #2 frame I am building now didn’t have the seat stay decals and I couldn’t find any that were totally correct, so I picked up a BMX set of decals on Ebay that had 2 seat stay decals that were the same size and looked pretty good.

livernose
    Participant

I changed out the crankset for another that came from a display bike that never had pedals installed. This is going on my wall in the family room right next to my fully restored 87 Paramount display bike. I’m almost finished with the other Underground that I’m going to ride.

livernose
    Participant

Hello John,
    I got the decal set from a shop called “Signs in a Day” if I remember correctly. They are in California and the set was $30 plus shipping. Included were: 2 “Project Underground” script for the top tube. Those were pretty close but didn’t have the vertical strikes through some of the letters like the original, 2 “Schwinn” script for the downtubes. the top tube “S” logo with a stripe, and the seat tube wrap decal. They’re good qulity and were easy to apply with a credit card and soap water spray (3 drops of Dawn dishwashing detergent in 8 ounces of water). I clear coated over them after they dried for 1 day. The only decals that were not included were the seat stay “Epicenter” and “Seat Stay” decals, but the ones on the bike were perfect (luckily) and the only original undamaged decals on the bike frame when I bought it. Good luck in your search as these frames are difficult to locate. It took me 6 years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top