Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop Wanted Looking to buy 2000 or 2001, 19″ Homegrown Factory Limited

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Bucknpedal
    Participant

I’m looking to buy a 2000 or 2001, 19″ Gold Homegrown Factory Limited in excellent condition. I am open to frame only or complete bike.

livernose
    Participant

OK, it worked. livernose-schwinnhomegrownlimited.jpg

livernose
    Participant

Just finished a build for my son. 01 ano black Factory Homegrown. Went 650b wheels. Another plus of the 01 frame.

livernose
    Participant

Those are getting hard to find. I would advise getting a 2001 because of the seat stay disc brake mounts. I looked for 2 years before I found an NOS Limited frame, but they are out there and they’re not cheap. I just assembled all the parts for the build and will start next week. The Limited bikes/frames pop up on this site sometimes, as well as a popular auction site. Good luck in your search. I tried to attach a photo but it won’t upload.

Bucknpedal
    Participant

Thanks for the pic! Gorgeous frame, that’s exactly what I am after. The 2001 being 650B compatible is huge! I didn’t know it was compatible. Thanks for the information!
    Let me know if you ever want to sell yours!

livernose
    Participant

It’s tight but will work if you get the right fork too. I use a 2006 Rockshox SID but Fox forks will work too, just make sure it has a straight steerer tube. The 650b wheels are disc and that’s why the rear brake tabs work well on the 2001. I was just adding up the cost of all the part for my build and I will have almost $3000 into it by the time I finish, but that’s with NOS and top notch components. Also the reason I rarely sell any of my bikes. These bikes sell for around $900 to $1000 for a complete bike in reasonable shape from what I’ve seen. I will keep an eye out and will forward you any information I find. What size frame do you use?

Bucknpedal
    Participant

Thanks for keeping an eye out!
    size 19 or Large.

livernose
    Participant

There’s a 2001 on a popular auction site although it’s advertised as a 2000. Hard to tell condition from the pictures but it is priced right. It does say that the bike is well used. Worth taking a look at.

livernose
    Participant

Nevermind just looked again and it’s a 21″ frame. Sorry

john
    Keymaster

[quote=livernose]

I tried to attach a photo but it won’t upload.

[/quote]
    Did you get any kind of error message? Any other details? Thanks.

Bucknpedal
    Participant

Hey Livernose,
    I have not gotten any new messages since the 21″ frame. What’s the auction website address?

livernose
    Participant

Ebay

livernose
    Participant

No, but I tried again and it worked as you can see below.

livernose
    Participant
    Wingman80
    Participant

It almost sounds like a project second to none you’re into!!
    At 3k it must turn out magnificent.
    Looking forward to see the finished bike. Happy building.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top