Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade 1999 Factory Suspension 19in, BBB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fastboy143
    Participant

There is a photo attached to this ad but you have to be logged in to view it.

I bought this HG about 18 months ago and promptly became hooked on the exclusivity, rarity and history behind it.  I have ridden it regularly and cleaned/maintained religously.  I have upgraded it to be a rock solid reliable rig for aggressive XC.  List:

Mavic XC717 disc rims with Shim XT hubs F/R

Manitou R7 Super (2006) 80mm fork

Brand new RIsse Genesis Rear shock ($215) custom tuned for a 190# agressive rider

There is a photo attached to this ad but you have to be logged in to view it.

I bought this HG about 18 months ago and promptly became hooked on the exclusivity, rarity and history behind it.  I have ridden it regularly and cleaned/maintained religously.  I have upgraded it to be a rock solid reliable rig for aggressive XC.  List:

Mavic XC717 disc rims with Shim XT hubs F/R

Manitou R7 Super (2006) 80mm fork

Brand new RIsse Genesis Rear shock ($215) custom tuned for a 190# agressive rider

Found a NOS 22mm mount Hayes brake, so hydraulic rear brake, Avid BB7 up front

Still has the perfect functioning OEM XTR rear der, XT FD

SHifters are XT.  Left/Front is combo shifter/brake lever, the Right/rear is an old Hayes hyd. lever and separate XT shifter

The Rear cassette and chain are less than 3 mos old, small and mid- chainrings also newer.

CUrrent tires are a Pana. Fire XC pro in the back and a High ROller in front.  Provides good climbing traction, low rolling resistance and when you lean into it, the front has good side knobs.

My issue now is that my riding has progressed beyond the capability of the bike.  I’m looking for something like 5″ travel all-mtn/trail bike.  Giant Reign, Trek Remedy, etc.  with a 68-degree head angle instead of 71, 120mm+ fork.  You get the idea.

SO: the HG is for sale, trade or trade plus cash.  I have about $800 in this bike including the purchase.  My opinion of trade/sale value is about $600.  I know you can’t source and replace this for that price, so should represent a good value.

Give me a call or email. (email pref)

fastboy143@yahoo or 360-6o7-9222

fastboy143
    Participant

Attached photo is before the fork upgrade.  It shows the old SID, now gone.  Also, the Schwinn downtube decals were chippng/peeling: cleanly removed with compressed air.  I’ll get some better photos for interested parties.

Hefty
    Participant

Hey Fastboy, Wondering if you still have the bike?  Can yo usend me some more pics?  scott.hefty@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks

fastboy143
    Participant

.. and shipped.  Hope to see it here in it’s new incarnation soon.  Hefty is talking about a 1×9, which I think will be an awesome bike.  Considered that myself, but  went to a more all mountain geometry and suspension travel for my next bike.  It will be great to see as a 1×9.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top