Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade 2001 19″ Factory Homegrown – SOLD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tonyhotch
    Participant

I have an excellent condition racing hardtail for sale. 

I have an excellent condition racing hardtail for sale. 

The frame is a 19″ (center to top) 2001 Schwinn Homegrown that was built up for the first time in 2009. It’ll fit you perfectly if you are 5’10”-6’1″. Slightly shorter folks would be fine with a shorter stem. 

If you are not familiar with this frame it is a 3 lb aluminum frame handbuilt in the USA. It uses a mixture of lightweight stiff aluminum tubing and CNC bits to cut weight while maintaining strength and responsiveness. This was when Schwinn was Schwinn and before they were purchased by Pacific Cycles. This was the nicest racing mountain bike they made. It’s still considered an all time classic and the 2001’s are the only ones that have iso disc tabs. 

Wheels: Rear Crossmax (not disc compatible one generation older than new). Front crossride disc. Both are set up with kenda small block 8 tires with a decent amount of life left in em. 

Fork: RockShox Sid Race. I believe the fork is an 05 but it’s been recently overhauled by Hippie Tech Suspension and runs at least as well as new. It has an + and – air chambers and can be tuned for a wide variety of rider weights. 

Crankset: Shimano XT triple (late model with the outboard BB bearings) 

Shifters: Shimano XTR triggers 

Front derailleur: xt 

Rear derailleur: xtr 

Brake levers: Avid SD 7 (they have the lever throw adjustment screws) 

Front brake: Avid BB7 160 rotor 

Rear Brake: xtr v brake 

Stem: Easton EA 70 

Bars: Easton EC70 flat bar 

Seatpost: Thomson 

Saddle: Specialized Body Geometry 130 

No pedals. This bike weighs 22.6 as it sits. 

I may be able to dig up some entry level spd pedals if you’re in need and it’s a dealmaker. 

SOLD 

Asking $650.00

email or call 
    Tony 310 293 5001 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top