I just picked up this bike for cheap off Craigslist, mostly because I love how it looks - I'm now trying to identify it. From the catalogs posted on this site, it appears to resemble the 1998 Homegrown Factory XT the most. Some differences though:
1) no tomato logo or the words 'homegrown' anywhere
2) the bike has a sticker that says S-40 - I don't see any reference to this type of name on this site
3) paint is bright blue and subtlely metallic - not nearly as 'glittery' as the one in the catalog
4) the rear chainstays are not polished chrome - they are silver painted.
5) sticker on the back says it's made of 6061 alloy
What can you tell me about this bike? It's totally cool if this is not a 'desirable' bike - I'm riding it every day and loving it. But anything at all anyone could tell me about it would be appreciated -