Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk 1998 Red Homegrown LXT – What’s it Worth?…Sell or Keep?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brandone_1
    Participant

Hi all,

Just found this site today and have really enjoyed. I have a 98 red LXT that has been hanging in my garage since I moved in 12 years ago. I recently pulled the bike down to see about getting back on the saddle again. The Wildgrippers were a bit dry rotted so have ordered some new 26×2.10 shoes for her. My buddy recently stopped over and saw the bike and asked if I was interested in selling…which I said sure. So I need to figure out what its worth but then after finding this site I am starting to wonder if I want to sell at all? Appreciate any feedback from all the experts out there. Thanks in advance. Brandon

neo_pop_71
    Participant

Hey Brandon-

Welcome! I’m in the process of building my first Homegrown (a 2000 Pro), it took me a long time to find one that wasn’t beat up or cost a small fortune. I would hold off on making the sale until the tires arrive and you have gotten a couple rides logged. Your buddy knows what you have and the reputation that comes with these Homegrowns. He can wait a little longer so you can be sure about interest in making the sale. Me, I’ll never sell mine… it’s a keeper! Good luck and have fun enjoying the bike! Peace, -D-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top