Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    livernose
    Participant

Finally got my 01 NOS Homegrown Limited built as a 650b. All I need to complete it is a little tomato seat post clamp.

john
    Keymaster

Sweet. How do you like the ride with the 650b setup? Have you done that with a HG before?

livernose
    Participant

I haven’t ridden it on the trail yet. It’s definitely higher off the ground. If I don’t like it I have another fork and wheels I can run. But I think I’ll like it, and I won’t have as many pedal hits with this one.

moby
    Participant

That’s a dope OG parts pick. Man I wish I hung onto my older XTR stuff.

livernose
    Participant

I used XTR 952 shifters and derailleurs right outta the box. Hard to come by these days. The XTR crankset is pretty clean.

moby
    Participant

[quote=livernose]

I used XTR 952 shifters and derailleurs right outta the box. Hard to come by these days. The XTR crankset is pretty clean.

[/quote]

Super cool. I was looking into a retro-build a while back and some of the prices on the secondary market were scandolous! That era Shimano stuff is ‘just’ old enough now to be considered classics.

john
    Keymaster

Yeah, I wish my XTR cranks were in that kind of shape.

runzoff
    Participant

You are NOT going to get that dirty are you??!!

livernose
    Participant

Haha! As soon as my son can make time for the trails we gonna get it dirty.

Cuda
    Participant

Love the color ! I did the 650ber on my sweet spot. I love what it did to the bike . if you don’t dig it throw a 26 back in the rear and see what’s up .
    Oh …. Here ya go
    [url]http://m.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-HomeGrown-Black-Tomato-Seatpost-Clamp-with-Screw-Collar-/141965072565?nav=SEARCH[/url]

livernose
    Participant

I saw that clamp. I made the guy an offer and he did knock 98 cents off the price. Maybe I could do that price if it was NOS but it’s not. I want one pretty bad, but not that bad.

Cuda
    Participant

ยข98 ! You didn’t jump all over that deal ??!!

I didn’t want it that bad either lol

john
    Keymaster

I don’t have anything to add but I’m excited that you added the cents symbol. That’s all. :clapping:

Cuda
    Participant

I had to search for that thing !

john
    Keymaster

If you’re a nerd into ASCII symbols you can get it via either ALT+0162 or ALT+155. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top