Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Another rear shock possibility

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    runzoff
    Participant

On Ebay;  [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manitou-Radium-Air-Pro-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-Rear-Shock-6-X1-25-/361665421079?hash=item5434f05f17:g:JssAAOSwAuZX2mub]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manitou-Radium-Air-Pro-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-Rear-Shock-6-X1-25-/361665421079?hash=item5434f05f17:g:JssAAOSwAuZX2mub

I emailed them as I could not find any reviews online about this product.  They told me it was brand new and just starting to ship out of thier warehouse in Taiwan.  They also said to use the old frame bushings for the new shock.  Hopefully there will not  be too much fuss about fitting it in.  Price is right if it works out!!
    I just bought one of these for my new HG.  Will give my impression after I install it in a couple of weeks.[/url]

runzoff
    Participant

P.S.
    Says it has a 1 year warranty!

livernose
    Participant

The price makes it worth the risk. I will be looking forward to your review.

runzoff
    Participant

Manitou Radium Air Pro Mountain Bike Bicycle Rear Shock 6″X1.25″

I installed this shock today.  The bushings that came with it were too wide.  I first took the metal bushings off my Rockshox Coupe Delux SL (with rebound adjustment) but found they were a bit too wide.  I then tried the hard plastic bushings off the Rockshox Delux and the fit was easy to install.
    Airing up the shock was a bit tricky as I kept losing air when I disconnected the pump, (possibly operator error as I’m new to this stuff, but  I’ve not had that issue with my Risse Racing Genesis.)

I rode around my parking lot a bit and noticed an O-ring on the shock shaft.  No air was leaking, so I took a picture and sent it to the Ebay Seller.  Maybe this is a convenience instead of using a zip tie to check the Sag?
    The shock is 6” so the bike does sit a bit higher.
    I have a super bad case of allergies right now and won’t be able to ride for at least another week or so.  I’m not done with the upgrades on my  new HG yet either.  Will make some more progress this weekend but doubt I’ll get everything done.
    I’ll write up more when I get a chance to take it on a trail or 2.
     runzoff-shock.jpg

livernose
    Participant

My Rockshox Team fork and rear shock on my 09 Specialized Epic have O-rings on them for sag.

runzoff
    Participant

Makes sense to me.  Thanks Jeff!

runzoff
    Participant

Heard back from the seller.  The O-ring is for keeping track of the Sag.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top