Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Other Yeti made Schwinns?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    whiskeyjoe
    Participant

I was wondering if Yeti made other frames for Schwinn, the prostock bmx frames have the same look as a home grown and i know some road frames came with the tomato on them, the newwer “the sting” also has the same look as a homegrown, and the s10 s30’s look like sweet spots? any one know?

john
    Keymaster

Can’t comment on the BMX frames as I simply don’t know, but the Fastback bikes with tomatoes came after Schwinn had let go of Yeti. The Fastback Limited and Factory were supposedly made in the US, likely by Andodizing, Inc.

The Sweet Spots were never made by Yeti; the S-series bikes may have been Control Tech or possibly overseas. I’m sure someone will chime in if they have additional info.

moby
    Participant

I’ve got a ’99 Schwinn Pro Stock, and when I got the frame, the headtube had a “Made in Taiwan” decal.

I also have a 96 Schwinn XS BMX. This one is made in the US, but I don’t know if it was made in Colorado. I would guess that they saved the really high-end fabrication for the mountain bike frames at the time.

As far as the S-Series full suspension bikes, I seem to recall that the reason they were designated the S line was due to the fact that they were fabricated overseas. They may share the Sweet Spot suspension, but they were heavier.

whiskeyjoe
    Participant

Its actually hanging on my wall, its chrome and has a made in america sticker on it, i doubt its yeti made but it was my favorite bmx frame.

moby
    Participant

I noticed the US made BMX frame is about a 1.5 lbs lighter than the overseas made one. They both have Epicenter seat stays. My XS has old-school cantilever stops.

whiskeyjoe
    Participant

My schwinn xs is an XS 2 apparently, I emailed schwinn and they had no details for me. I wonder if there is a difference, i remember some had red stickers and some had blue, mine are blue. I wish i knew what i did with all the parts for it, i would re build it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top