Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Suspension seatposts for a hardtail?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyQPublic
    Participant

I currently have a 99’ HG Factory Team hardtail and was wondering if any of you had tried using a Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost to soften the ride of your hardtail bike? I like the idea of keeping my bike (rather than replacing it with a full suspension bike)…so I am looking at suspension seatposts instead.

I currently have a 99’ HG Factory Team hardtail and was wondering if any of you had tried using a Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost to soften the ride of your hardtail bike? I like the idea of keeping my bike (rather than replacing it with a full suspension bike)…so I am looking at suspension seatposts instead.

Any input on these or other “affordable” suspension seatposts would be appreciated.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SE611B00-Cane+Creek+3G+Thudbuster+Lt+Seatpost.aspx

CTB
    Participant

I have a USE XCR suspension post, vintage 1999, that I installed on my Moab back then.  It’s on the bike again, as I use it for commuting.  I have to say that I think the benefits are minimal.  When I got the post in ’99, I thought the same thing, which is how I ended up with my Homegrown Sweetspot Carbon frame the following year.

JohnnyQPublic
    Participant

CTB,

Thanks for that very useful input. I was curious if suspension seatposts were worth the cash or if they were a waste of money…sounds like the later is true. With the economy as it is I definitely do not need to waste my funds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top