Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade 1996 Schwinn homegrown Factory frame.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    onza100
    Participant

I’ve been kidding myself for ages that I fit on this frame but really I need a 19″.
    So here it is for sale. Its a rare beast in the uk and I doubt you will see another out on the trails.

The Homegrown Factory models were fabricated by Yeti and featured their trademark forged and CNC-machined chainstay yoke mated to Schwinn’s Ride Tuned custom-drawn and butted Easton aluminum tubing, with Schwinn’s Epicenter seat stays mated to forged dropouts.
    There are some lovely details on the frame such as the tomatos on the dropouts and the machining on the chainstay yoke.

This one is a 17″ frame and weighs in a just over 3lb on my scale’s. There is a size chart in the photos.

There are some small marks on the frame but no big chips. The frame is dent free.
    There is some decal damage to the downtube schwinn logos. This is common on homegrowns of this age. Graphic shack were making me new ones. (I will pass on the information on this to the new owner.)
    So a very rare frame in what I think is very nice condition.

£180 GBP

More photos here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230725.

lakings325
    Participant

Damn, I want this frame. A little far to ship. Frown

onza100
    Participant

Sold now. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top