Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop Wanted 2001 Homegrown Limited 21″

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    landark
    Participant

Update: I found my frame on eBay for sale – stripped of everything, but undoubtedly my frame. The person below who asked about the serial numbers ended up having my bike and I overpaid to get it back so I could have the evidence so the San Diego Police could investigate and arrest / prosecute the thief, or at a minimum catch him for possession and dealing in stolen property. So the SDPD after I did all of the leg work and provided them with documentation decided they were not interested in pursuing the case. So almost 6 months of dogged pursuit for my stolen bike got me my frame back for $950.00 and no prosecution. Not the vindication or outcome that I was hoping for. I found a 2001 factory limited frame that is a little rough, but that is the one I am going to build up. If anyone is interested in this 2000 21″ factory limited frame, let me know.

I just had my bike stolen out of the back of my Touareg last night 5.4.2017 in San Diego. going into depression mode – I need to find a replacement for my stolen partner. Spent a year trying to find it and now I need to make my life whole again. Anyone with a frame or complete bike, or with any leads, please let me know. I will never let my bike outside of a locked garage ever again.
    thanks

livernose
    Participant

Bummer

terrapin619
    Participant

What was the serial number of the homegrown??

landark
    Participant

Dumb ass me didn’t document it. Never thought it would happen to me. It has a few telltale features that I can ID it with.
    Marty

landark
    Participant

thanks for writing. Just got back from a trip. Have you seen one in San diego or nearby? If I could get her back I’m willing to pay for her. I have a photo and n=know exactly what was on the bike for the spec’s.
    thanks

RickiBobbi3
    Participant

I had a similar incident. What looking on e-Bay and there was a Nice, clean Limited frame for sell, noticed it was for sell in Portland, Or. locally..
    started studing the photo’s it was my frame ( was in U storage ).. Contacted seller & Police.. seller sold bike anyway.. Could not locate seriel #’s.. They got 2 bikes outta my storage.. Heart Broken.. Record Seriel #’s.rickibobbi3-2001homegrown13.jpg

landark
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your stolen bike. Such A**holes! If anyone is interested in the 2000 21″ factory Limited frame, let me know.landark-48n.jpglandark-89n.jpg

dyebhai
    Participant

Total long shot, but you still have that frame for sale?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top