Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    livernose
    Participant

I just purchased a bass boat blue Factory Homegrown and was wondering how to tell what year the frame is.Are there serial numbers anywhere to reference? Most of the components have been changed and the only thing original are the decals, which are peeling a little. The weird part that is throwing me off is the seat tube wrap decal. It looks identical to my Project Underground seat tube wrap and there’s an S with a triple stripe on the top tube just like my Underground.. I will post photos tomorrow if that helps.

john
    Keymaster

Sounds like a 1997 Homegrown Factory. Here’s a couple of pictures of mine. You can see from the side shot where the S is on the top tube, and the last shot is a close-up of it.
    The bike was offered in 3 colors: killer tomato red, black with red darts for an additional $150, or bass boat blue for another $150 on top of that.

livernose
    Participant

Yep, yours is pretty clean looking. The top tube S decal is a cutout S which is different than my Underground decal, and the seat tube wrap decal has the hole punched for the bottle cage screw.The decals on yours look to be in very good condition. Have they been replaced? or have you clear coated over them?

livernose
    Participant

I looked on line last night and there sure is a lot of lively discussion about Homegrowns and whether they were Yeti made or not. Thanks for the information and pictures. You have a very nice bike.

john
    Keymaster

The decals are original. I put 3M protective film over them, though I kind of regret it. It’s not very noticeable at all but there’s no going back now.

The Yeti discussions are always interesting. There should be some more definitive info on here shortly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top