Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk New Here… Found One on Ebay And Just Had To Buy it…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chuckha62
    Participant

Hello All,

I just found and signed up for this forum. It doesn’t appear to be too active, but I’m happy to have found it.

I’ve been wanting a Homegrown for quite some time and was pretty particular about what I was looking for. I wanted a 2001 with the IS tabs in a large. I preferred just a frame, but was willing to buy a complete bike if it was the right one. Well, I was fortunate enough to have looked on Ebay at the right time and I found a Factory ano black 19″, 2001 frame which had never been assembled. I got it for less than I was prepared to pay @ $521.00, so I feel like I scored. I’m a little torn, as this thing is in such good shape, that it should almost be preserved as-is and not built/ridden. It will be built though.

I’m going to build it as a single speed. With the right parts I should be able to build it at 19 lbs or less. I’m stoked!

Cheers All!

Chuck

john
    Keymaster

Sweet frame. Nice thing with that one is the regular disc tabs on the rear.

chuckha62
    Participant

[quote=john]

Sweet frame. Nice thing with that one is the regular disc tabs on the rear.

[/quote]

Yeah, they’re the main reason I wanted an ’01. Much easier to find brake adapters for than the earlier frames.

livernose
    Participant

That’s a nice frame. Always good to find NOS stuff. That way when you ride it, you will have a story for each of the scratches.

Wingman80
    Participant

Really nice frame! I hope you’ll enjoy building and riding it *good*

JohnnyQPublic
    Participant

Congrats on the sweet frame…and welcome to the Homegrown cult 😉

Brett Donald
    Participant

I saw that frame on Ebay while I was shopping around, very nice frame.
    I’m more of a full suspension guy myself so I bought a 97 Homgrown full suspension frame that I was watching, when it dropped down to $165.00 I couldn’t pass it up.

chuckha62
    Participant

Thanks guys! I’m super stoked!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top