Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Finished building my 1996 Homegrown

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    migeorgeco
    Participant

From the frame I found on Craigslist, there is a new tomato on the vine.  Period decals are hard to find, so I added a old school headbadge.  It takes me back a little to my first Stingray way back in 1969.   

migeorgeco
    Participant

my posting skills leave much to be desired. 

blue72beetle
    Participant

I love it!  Great work.

moby
    Participant

Dig the head badge. Schwinn shoulda done them like that. đŸ˜‰

Have you considered going retro for the decals? I know what a pain Homegrown decals are to get, but sometimes you can score vintage Schwinn decals on the cheap on fleaBay. I think some old school decals would look awesome with that paint job.

migeorgeco
    Participant

Thanks, Moby.  I did see some decals on ebay a while ago, but missed out on the bidding.  I am looking for at least a couple of period correct homegrown decals for the TT.   I would also like to score a couple Schwinn decals for the down tube.  I’m keeping my eyes open.

moby
    Participant

Well I don’t got any from ’96, but I do have a couple of the small top tube stickers from ’98-’99 (the green oval with sparkly lettering). You’re more than welcome to them if you think they might fit on your project? They’re leftovers from a project I just finished up. They might make an ok space filler until you find the right ones.

migeorgeco
    Participant

Thanks for the offer, how much do you want for them?  You can email me @ gss1123@q.com.

moby
    Participant

FOC. That’s industry lingo for “Free Of Charge.” But you gotta promise to post up pics when you get them on your rig.

migeorgeco
    Participant

Thanks to moby’s generosity, I was able to add a little “sparkly green” to the black and red.  Much appreciated!

moby
    Participant

Cool Phantom paint jobs give me wood.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top