Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop Wanted Wanted 17″ or 19″ factory suspension frame and triangle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Yorktown
    Participant

I don’t care what color it is or even if it needs paint but I need a complete frame set including any connecting hardware for the rear tirangle.  Ideally I’d like it to have the disk brake mount and a working shock, but neither are deal breakers.

I’ll of course take a complete bike and I think I can make a 19” work. Any leads appreciated.  I have my Ebay searches going.

ingum86
    Participant

I have a 19” that I have been thinking of letting go. It doesn’t have a rear disk mount and the rear shock is a Rock Shox Coupe Deluxe I believe. You looking for a 17?ingum86-imag0297.jpg

Yorktown
    Participant

I’ve been leaning toward a 17, but that might work.  I’m a little over 5’ 10” with a 32” inseam.  Anybody have any input on sizing?

livernose
    Participant

I’m thinking that one might work for you. 

Yorktown
    Participant

Thanks for the input Jeff.  I’ve PM him for some more details.  Andrew

livernose
    Participant

His bike looks clean and has a SID fork which is a plus. They are very lightweight and very easy to service.

ingum86
    Participant

This bike feels small and fast, at 5’10’ it should fit you fine. It looks tiny next to my 29er. It’s a 99 w/ a 98 rear shock. All XT 9 speed, XTR rear derailleur, and LX hubs w Sun Ryno Lite rims. Wheels have maybe 40-50 miles on them. I have had the bike since new. PM reply sent.

ingum86
    Participant

BTW, I’m 6’2” so you might have to cut an inch or two off that Thompson seatpost. The only damage is to the seat when I went over backwards on concrete. I can post a photo of it, hopefully i can make it a little smaller lol.

ingum86
    Participant

So I cleaned it up today and I noticed a couple of things. There are a couple of teeth broken off the middle chainring in the front and one of the chainwheels on the rear derailleur is cracked. I have some photos of that . Also I thought of more differences between the HG and the S series. The chainstays near the bottom bracket and the dropouts are machined on the HG and not on the S-20.ingum86-imag0315.jpgingum86-imag0316.jpgingum86-imag0314.jpgingum86-imag0320.jpgingum86-imag0321.jpg

ingum86
    Participant

The paint is really nice, minor scratches but thats it.ingum86-imag0317.jpg

Yorktown
    Participant

PM sent.

Yorktown
    Participant

Found one, thanks everyone.

livernose
    Participant

Post some pics when you can.

ingum86
    Participant

Awesome! Glad it worked out.

Yorktown
    Participant

Here’s a pic of the frame, small pivot!  Got it from a member here, just stripped it down and it’s heading in Monday for paint and cleanup.  Other than some minor chainsuck damage it’s in remarkible condition for a 21 year old mountain bike.  

I’ll start a thread in general for progress on the project.  Can’t wait to ride it.yorktown-homegrown.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top