Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade 19″ 1998 Homegrown Factory XT Bass Boat Blue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jandleman
    Participant

I have a 98 Bass Boat Blue Factory XT that I need to clear out of the garage. It is mostly factory spec but the shop mechanic who built it added a few touches.

Specs:

XT crank

XTR rear derailuer and shifters

Rock shox judy SL

Avid SD 2.01 Brake levers

Avid Rival 50 brakes

Mavic 2.17 SUP rims

XT rear hub

Phil Wood front hub

WTB laser V saddle

Titec seatpost and stem

Salsa Moto Ace bar with Salsa grips

$700 obo.

walktheline
    Participant

No offense, but I don’t think that it is worth $700… You have a hodge podge of parts, plus it looks like old school XT crank.  Is the rear derailleur an 8speed?  it also looks like a reverse pull, is it?  the frame looks like it is in decent shape, I would think you clear no more than $500 tops, maybe $600 if you get lucky. 

dew
    Participant

No way.  I sold my Factory XTR by parting everything out, made maybe $400 and it was one of the real frames.

john
    Keymaster

The Factory XT and XTR shared the same Yeti-made frame. Good luck with the sale, but it does seem to be a bit of a buyer’s market these days.

walktheline
    Participant

I have a BB Blue 17″ frame that is fill XTR with Cane creek wheels/headset.  I paid $700 and am now selling it as well… it’s an 8speed with reverse pull, the frame is in about the same condition as your’s.  Id like to clear $700 as well, but think I’m going to take a bath on it.  So good luck.

jandleman
    Participant

It is an 8 speed cassette and I believe it is reverse pull.  Pricing was difficult because they seem all over the board on the various sites. It does suffer from old parts, I bought it in 2002, but not overuse. I am mainly a roadie so it has spent most of its life in the garage. I just bought a cross bike so hopefully I can cover as much of that cost as I possible.

walktheline
    Participant

Hi – did you ever sell this?

jandleman
    Participant

I have not sold it yet.

jandleman
    Participant

The bike is sold.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top