Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk 2001 HG Built As A Singlespeed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chuckha62
    Participant

I should have updated on this awhile back, but the bike is complete.

I’m running a Soulcraft Convert tensioner, Hayes Stroker Grams, and now I’m tubeless with Hutchincon Python 2.10″.

With the Stan’s Alpines, Chris King hubs and the carbon SID, it weighs in at a tick over 19lbs. I could probably shave some weight from the bottom bracket, seat and seat post, but as it is, this is the best climbing bike I’ve ever ridden.

This pic is with the cheap Mavic Crossrides and Kenda Nevagals on it.

livernose
    Participant

Nice looking ride.

chuckha62
    Participant

Thanks Jeff.

I bought this frame last year on Ebay as a NOS, never built, pristine, work of art. It was almost too pretty to build. Almost. When I was discussing my project goals with my LBS guy, he suggested that I should just hang it on the wall as a bare frame for fear of it getting damaged when riding. I’m glad I built it. I have way more into it than I would have thought, but it’s the bike I pull off the wall while the others wait.

livernose
    Participant

I have the same frame waiting to be built for my son’s Christmas present. Being ano black, it is one of the best looking frames I have. But I’m using 26″ wheels and a white Fox fork with white avid disc brakes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top