Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    whiskeyjoe
    Participant

So far my last 5 decent bikes I always strip out crank arms if they are aluminum so I would like to get a Profile chromoly crankset, but when I got on the website there are a few options for sizes, so for all of you who know every cm of a homegrown I’d like to ask your opinion before i spend my money! Thanks for the help!

whiskeyjoe
    Participant

I think i might have asked you about it on face book haha. I run 175 on my bmx bike, I just wanna know about the bottom bracket because if i order just that i’m pretty sure i can use the spindle and crank arms from my bmx bike and save some money.

john
    Keymaster

Not sure how it is with Profile since they actually have a BMX-style crank for MTB, but I had a tough time finding a spindle with the right diameter and length for an FSA BMX crank that I adapted for a Schwinn Panther.

Out of curiosity, what pedals do you use and what cranks have you tried? Also, what grease or anti-seize have you used on your pedals? I hate to see such a heavy crank on a Homegrown but stripped cranks are no fun.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top