Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ruffway25
    Participant

Upon stumbling onto this forum about a year ago, I dug up my 98 XT Yeti made and the bike was reborn. Has new Alivo 8 speed shifters and a suspension seatpost. I have hellbent bars and sun riser bars, original titec seatpost with XT front brake along with the original rock shox disk and a specialized seat. New Tora front forks. It does need a rear derailler

Upon stumbling onto this forum about a year ago, I dug up my 98 XT Yeti made and the bike was reborn. Has new Alivo 8 speed shifters and a suspension seatpost. I have hellbent bars and sun riser bars, original titec seatpost with XT front brake along with the original rock shox disk and a specialized seat. New Tora front forks. It does need a rear derailler

Your website also had me on a hunt to buy a Project Underground that I repainted and re stickered with a mix of xt and xtr and white bros old school cranks with an original tomato seat, and titrc stem and seatpost. Manitou air shock forks. Both have new cane creek headsets.

Unfortunately I was hurt on the job suffering two of my fingers cut off. They got reatached but its never going to be the same. I am offering both bikes for sale to all the members of Bonus Tomato first.

please contact mee @ Ruffway25@optonline.net if interested. LBS will ship in lowr 48 states for about $75-$80 realistic offers please, im realistic myself and would love theese bikes go to someone on this site. I will Email you detailed pictures.

Thank you

john
    Keymaster

You can check out but you can never leave, not once the Tomato’s got its claws into you (and yes, I’m speaking of the bike not the site).

Wow, really sorry to hear it, Ruffway. Not sure where you are in your recovery but I hope things progress well for you. I’d echo Nathan’s statements-as someone that’s gotten rid of bikes in the past and then missed them a bunch. Is it a shifting or braking issue (or both) with your injured fingers? 

It might help if you post the sizes of the bikes if you do decide to get rid of ’em, and I can help you post pictures if you’re having trouble with that-just email me at john at bonustomato dawt kom. 

Regardless, best of luck in your recovery!

moby
    Participant

I agree with Nathan. In addition, Homegrown or not, resale value on all these things are really lousy.

If it’s a matter of cash, I think I’ve got some extra crap in my toolbox to donate to a good cause–maybe we can start a fundraiser.

bikeric
    Participant

So sorry to hear about your injury.  As an mechanical engineering major, only 8 weeks to go until I’m legal, I have access to a machine shop.  I could possibly mill some special brake/shifter levers for you.  Let me know what needs to be done. 

I’m also with moby, if you just need some cash for medical bills right now, I would be more than happy to join in a fundraiser.

moby
    Participant

If someone wants to spearhead the effort, I’ve got: Homegrown Decals, Full Suspension Bushings, New Stems, Some Hubs and Rims, probably some other stuff that other people might find useful.

john
    Keymaster

I’m all for doing whatever we can, so let’s see what Ruffway is up for and we’ll go from there.

Ruffway25
    Participant

I would only sell to someone from this forum. Theese would only go to a good home. Im not going to be ready to ride for this summer, it just sux looking at theese two bikes just sitting there. Thanks for all the support,, its not about the cash, im doin well on that end. Very depressing looking at a garage full of toys I wont be able to use this spring and summer. You guys make me regret posting this but I find joy in your care and concern. It really sux feeling helpless, maybe I hastily jumped the gun on wanting to sell them, but your responses are definitly uplifting my spirits. No your right, there is no goodby, im two weeks into my injury and already im two months ahead in my physical therapy. Maybe this post was just a cry out for support. Thank you all, your thoughts will push me harder towards my recovery.  Doug

moby
    Participant

Personally, I’d get much more from hearing about your recovery on these forums and how you’re going to get back on your bike–and I’ll further the opinion that you’re going to want them around when the time is right.

The other thing I wanted to add is that you put in time to put those bikes together, and putting together a Homegrown properly is no small matter, and you found a community that not only is interested, but you now have history with.

blue72beetle
    Participant

Yep, if you sell them, you will only buy more Homegrowns later. And miss the ones you sold. Don’t do it man!

JohnnyQPublic
    Participant

Really sorry to hear about your injury. Definitely hold on to your HGs. If nothing else you can look at them as a goal to be reached in your recovery.

john
    Keymaster

I guess it probably is easy to comment without knowing what you’re really going through in terms of recovery and all, but from my perspective, I’d rather have a garage full of toys to look forward to using once I’m recovered rather than an empty garage.

That’s what I keep telling myself-thought I was going to get out of hand surgery but no dice there so I’ll be off the bike for a while. Either way, hope you find some loving homes if you do end up getting rid of your bikes and that your recovery continues ahead of schedule.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top