Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop Wanted Down tube decals

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    livernose
    Participant

Looking for down tube decals for a 2001 Schwinn Homegrown Pro. Any leads?

livernose
    Participant

Had some made in UK. Awaiting delivery.

ChattyMatty
    Participant

This style?
    [img]http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-1h8i1imd/products/360/images/512/a20791a144564f2cac981_m__56447.1412205064.1280.1280.jpg?c=2[/img]

[url]http://www.velocals.com/schwinn-pro-homegrown-decal-set-of-8-sku-481/[/url]

livernose
    Participant

Thanks for the link. I wonder if those are printed on the metallic foil like the originals. If so that would be a good deal if they are the proper size. I just had a guy in the UK make me 4 sets of these in vinyl and they are on the way if they ever make it out of JFK. They been in customs for 5 days. The UK guy said he could make them in other colors too. The ones I got are for a blue frame the same color as the velocals.

livernose
    Participant

I just ordered a set of decals from Velocal to see if they are better than the ones I got. Here’s the ones I got from the UK.

livernose
    Participant

Here’s a pic.livernose-homegrownpro1.jpglivernose-homegrownpro2.jpglivernose-homegrownpro3.jpg

ChattyMatty
    Participant

Took a while to put it together, but the UK guy, yeah bought a set of his Fastback decals for one of my 24’s… gets the job done but something just seems a bit, fuzzy?

livernose
    Participant

Yeah, they aren’t exact but they are on vinyl not the original metallic type material. The pictures I took are not in focus either, but they look much better than the original ones which were torn, faded, and cracked all over.

livernose
    Participant

I got the Velocal Decals and they look pretty good. They’re the foil type like the original and true to size. I previously bought some Homegrown decals from Velocal and they were WAY off on size, but these are good. I emailed them and asked if they could make the same down tube Schwinn script in black font with gray accents versus the white with black accents that I got. Awaiting an answer.

livernose
    Participant

Ordered some decals with the black Schwinn script with dark gray shading from Velocals. Hopefully they will be here soon and correct for 2001 frame.

neo_pop_71
    Participant

[quote=livernose]

Ordered some decals with the black Schwinn script with dark gray shading from Velocals. Hopefully they will be here soon and correct for 2001 frame.

[/quote]

Hey Jeff,

Happy new year!

Please post photos once you’ve installed the decals. I’ve seen the small stock image from VeloCals, that’s fine for getting an idea, but I’d love to see how they look on a frame. My 2000 Homegrown Pro that I picked up recently has no decals but I want to be sure before dropping that kind of coin on a sticker kit.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

-D-

livernose
    Participant

I’ll post a picture as soon as I get them and put them on.

livernose
    Participant

Got the Velocals decals. They look pretty good on the foil type material versus the vinyl. The only difference I can see is the foil is shiny versus the slightly brushed look foil of the originals with the gray shading on the Schwinn down tube being a little darker than the original, and the top tube Homegrown script has a little wider outline. Judge for yourself compared to the other vinyl ones from the guy in the UK. livernose-schwinnhgjaime1.jpglivernose-schwinnhgjaime2.jpglivernose-schwinnhgjaime3.jpglivernose-schwinnhgjaime4.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top