Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade 1997 Homegrown Factory F/S XTR Restoration project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fixiemonkey
    Participant

Up for grabs is my restoration project. Purchased the 17″ frame 3 years ago and have been painstakingly gathering the best M952 XTR I could find. As well as the original fork. Which is stock no speed springs or anything works like a champ. Rear shock as well. The paint is killer and still sparkles and shines its a real eye catcher. I have spent countless hours polishing the rear triangle and is free of any chainsuck marks on chainstay. The three scratches in pic are the only major imperfections $500.00 and I’ll ship anywhere on earth at your cost. Contact me for much nicer pics through email at fixiemasi@gmail.com. I don’t want to sell but unfortunately I have to. 

tomatoadmin
    Keymaster

Looks great. What did you use on the rear triangle?
    Also, what size is it, center of BB to top of seat tube?

Fixiemonkey
    Participant

I used mothers polish 1000 grit and 2000 grit wet sand. Polished by hand not machine, it looks cloudy in pics Cause it’s been about month since I did it, fingerprints and such. I wanted it to look real nice not try and fool someone into thinking it was brand new by super high polishing it . So it’s not perfect. It just looks very lightly used.

Fixiemonkey
    Participant

Oh and it’s a 17″ 

tomatoadmin
    Keymaster

Cool, always interesting to see the different methods for polishing the clear anodized aluminum on these frames. I’d be interested in the frame but I need to come up with some monies.

Fixiemonkey
    Participant

better pics uploaded.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top