Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop Wanted 99 Straight 8 parts wanted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blue72beetle
    Participant

I need the rear suspension triangle for a 99 Straight 8. Should be the same as a Yeti Lawwill DH-8. I think the rear end to a Straight 6 may work too.
    Sounds like real hard to find parts.

lulu2t
    Participant

Hi,
    The Yeti DH8 rear triangle is the same, but not the straight 6 (black rod is shorter o the S6).
    I ever seen one on ebay.
    Good luck

blue72beetle
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I’m pretty sure I won’t be finding these parts anytime soon. And if I do, they’re not gonna be cheap.

bikeric
    Participant

I am a brand new member, so I have not downloaded all my Homegrown pics yet, but they will arrive shortly.
    I have just the parts you need. I have a NOS Seat-stay, NOS chainstay, NOS EDCO hub, and the NOS Black and Gold front triangle size M. Only missing the shock with progressive linkage, and a floating brake arm. I bid on the red bike which is on Ebay right now, but I am already outbid, and I am ready to part with what I have. I am at work right now, but I can email pics later this evening, or maybe tomorrow (Soccer game tonight).

email me at forded@okstate.edu

blue72beetle
    Participant

I won the parts that were on ebay, sorry if I outbid any of you.
    Hopefully they will work with my ’99 frameset, the frames look nearly identical.

blue72beetle
    Participant

There’s a complete S-8 just put on ebay, looks nice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top