Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    angryelf
    Participant

Thinking about getting rid of my Bass Boat Red and Silver Factory. Most components original except wheels, shifters/brake levers, grips, saddle, tires, chain and rear cassette. 19″ Frame is in good shape, few dings here and there.
    BB and HS are still tight.
    Original SID Fork is shot. To the point where the front wheel rubs the brake pads when you stand and lean into the bike hard (hub is tight, wheels are tight, brakes are adjusted properly).
    I bought the bike second hand from a doctor who was into road riding, after he bought the bike in the shop I worked at in 2001. He had it a couple years, never rode it and sold it back to the shop in ’03. I worked off the cost of the bike turning wrenches and pushing a broom around the shop.
    I rode it nearly everyday for 3 years, then got a FS bike and didn’t use it as much anymore.
    I swore I would never sell it, but it kills me to have it hanging around taking up space and not getting use.
    I rarely ride it anymore. If I were to keep it, any recommendations on fork?
    Any body out there dying to have one?

thanks,

-Harry

livernose
    Participant

Pictures? And if you keep it go with another SID.

angryelf
    Participant

Pictures I will post in a week or so… Have it at home and I’m on a business trip at the moment. Are you suggesting sticking with a 90’s era SID or mounting a newer one?

-Harry

livernose
    Participant

I’ve always liked the 90s era dual air forks, but if you can find a newer one with V-brake bosses and the larger stanchions, that would be cool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top