Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Project Underground NO SERIAL NUMBER

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stevezee
    Participant

What a cool site! I came across this page while trying to identify this bike I just picked up. The specs and decals sent my spidey senses through the roof. I couldn’t leave without it. After actually learning what this thing is, I’m glad I didn’t! This thing is insanely clean too.

Am I correct that these should have some sort of serial number?

livernose
    Participant

It should have a serial number stamped on the bottom bracket. But I believe it might not be visible due to the frame being powder coated. The black darts are painted on. I’ve had 3 of these frames and they all cracked at the head tube. The last one that cracked was like yours and a serial number couldn’t be read, but I scraped the powder coating off and the number was visible then. I currently have one that is an NOS teardown that I’m not going to risk riding. It will be for display purposes on my family room wall with a few other bikes. With a nice light air fork they ride really nice.

If you look closely on yours you can make out something on the crank side. Mine is 94094

livernose-schwinnpualuminumbb.jpg

stevezee
    Participant

Thanks Jeff. I’ll see if it is clearer once I pull the drivetrain to put in the ultrasonic cleaner. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top