Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    2manyschwinns
    Participant

Hello im planning on listing my 4banger frame on ebay via my local lbs whom i have done a lot of business with.Im going back to a hardtail and plan on movng all my parts to another frame.Should i wait till spring or list it now?I need to thin the herd.I understand this is not a Yeti frame but it is an absolutely beautiful frame 2 look at.I have not seen one on ebay for a while so im not sure what to list at for reserve.Any pointers?

john
    Keymaster

It’s not worth the hassle of trying to sell, especially if it’s a 17 inch. 

Like Nathan said, the market is a bit sketchy this time of year. I know I haven’t really seen much in the way of 4 Bangers on the bay lately but if you haven’t already checked completed auctions (advanced search) it’s a good way to see what past auctions have done.

2manyschwinns
    Participant

i will post pics soon,im planning on including the fork.manitou x-vert.and brakes as the rear caliper  is frame specific.im guessing a 17" but will check today.

blue72beetle
    Participant

If it’s not a 17" I’d be interested…

JohnnyQPublic
    Participant
    crockerad
    Participant

Portland craigslist- Threre is a Complete Straight 6 for $600???

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/1509100584.html

Again if anyone wants me to go and check it out, I live in the area.

bikeric
    Participant

Hey 2manyschwinns, I would be interested in a 17" banger frame.  I am currently watching and waiting to bid on the yellow Straight 6 on Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Schwinn-Straight-6-Frame-Straight6-Six_W0QQitemZ270499961223QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMountain_Bikes?hash=item3efb0dd987

but I would definately prefer a bass boat blue banger.  I am relatively new to this site so I haven’t got everything down yet, but I have completed one transaction with "nathan".  BTW nathan, do you have any pics yet of the Straight 8 build?

To anyone interested, I have a Schwinn Jersey and the Homegrown saddle available to any takers.  I just tried the Jersey on and lets just say I need to ride my bike more.  It is a size large Giordana.  The saddle is not perfect.  Its’ had a rump or two on it, but who knows, maybe someone here would be interested.  Not sure yet how to add images.  I’m using Mozilla Firefox, but the preview said something about Microsoft Internet Explorer.  Is that the preferred browser?

blue72beetle
    Participant

Here is a picture of bikeric’s Jersey, if anyone is interested.

bikeric
    Participant

Thanks blue72beetle for the jersey pic.  I need to check out photobucket or flickr.  Emails work good for me right now.  I check them both every other day or week or so, unless I’m out riding of course, of course.

forded@okstate.edu

or

ericf@sherrylabs.com

2manyschwinns
    Participant

How do i post pics.I measured from the middle of bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube.Are you interested in just the frame and fork or a complete bike?There are some scratches on the down tube and on the carbon.probably from the prevoius owner leaning it against something.

2manyschwinns
    Participant

i need help how to put up pics

blue72beetle
    Participant

You’ve got to have the pics hosted on another site like photobucket or flickr. When you click the "Insert/Edit Image" button, you put in the URL of the picture. I’d be interested in just the frame if you decide to part it.

Nathan, did you buy the Homegrown Tomato Jersey with the vines all over it for $56? I was bidding on that, I wouldn’t have if I had known you were.

john
    Keymaster

Eric,

Internet Exploder is definitely NOT the preferred browser. Firefox and Safari seem to be working fine (to the best of my knowledge).

I’m working on a way to upload images directly…bear with me guys.

2manyschwinns
    Participant

Blue beetle i will keep on trying this morning.I will take a LOT of pics and try that.Im thinking about $400 with the Frame,Fork and brakes with levers.plus shipping.less if you dont want the fork.The fork is the original.Manitou x-vert.Let me know.i will work on the pics unless there is a way to email the directly to you.Im located in New hampshire.I will have the LBS in manchester pack it for me.Make me an offer.

2manyschwinns
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top