Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

But, 2manySchwinns got an image uploaded. What you can do from there is right click on the image and get the image address, and then use it with the insert image. Voila:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m working on making it easier but for now this is one way to post images here without using some other image hosting service. I’m also going to donwload Chrome and check it out to make sure there’s no odd issues that occur with it.

bikeric
    Participant

Well, I just put my 2000 Straight 8 on Ebay.  Check it out if you are interested.  I would not be opposed to selling it to someone on this site and save the Ebay fees.  Partial trades are welcome as well.  I like 17" hardtails and 15" or 17" Bangers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110471755268&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

bikeric
    Participant

I kept the auction on Ebay as long as I could.  Yes it is a small frame.  You do not see those often, usually mediums.  The linkages came with the 20mm hub kit from Razor Rock Racing (R3) which included hub, axle, linkages and floating brake arm.  All needed changing due to the 20mm axle.  Also requires the use of a bottom bracket tool to install the one of a kind cassette lockring.  My pictures did not turn out very good.  I need to take a photo class or something.

Anyone else looking at the 17" BBB hard-tail that showed up on Ebay tonight?

blue72beetle
    Participant

Nathan, here’s your chance. Re-listed at 899, buy it now for 1299. Just keeps going lower and lower…

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schwinn-Homegrown-Yeti-Lawwill-Straight-8-DH-Bike-MED-M_W0QQitemZ160389317765QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMountain_Bikes?hash=item2557f2c485

john
    Keymaster

I’d been thinking about checking it out for a while but man it smokes! Switched to it at work too-I haven’t seen any issues here yet but let me know if you spot anything.

Still working on easier image uploads guys…trying to avoid a complete forum overhaul but will keep you posted if I stop getting dead-end solutions and actually start moving forward.

whiskeyjoe
    Participant

But living in Illinois with no mountains and barely any hills seems like instead of shipping the bike i would move to where the bike is.

CUatTheEnd
    Participant

I love my 1999 Homegrown Factory Suspension XT bike.  EVERYTHING on it is still stock and rides great (take it in every year for a quick tune up) and it is in great shape (one scratch on the frame from the handle bars twisting when I went head over heals in Moab).

This has got to be to be the best bike ever made.

migeorgeco
    Participant
    migeorgeco
    Participant
    whiskeyjoe
    Participant

Yesterday I was driving to subway and i saw a bum on what I’m pretty sure was a blue homegrown, It had the tell tale paint wear from where the schwinn stickers were. I quickly turned around and was going to offer to buy it from him but he was gone, I have since drove around the area searching for the bum in hopes of getting a steal on it.

moby
    Participant

Damn I thought I was the only bum on a Homegrown. Wink

JohnnyQPublic
    Participant
    moby
    Participant

Looks like this guy has some elusive actual Homegrown decals. Anyone here live in Orange County?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/1645598318.html

bikeric
    Participant

Hey Nathan, long time, I am currently the high bidder.  I have a limit however that I don’t want to pay over.  Not very high since this is not a “Factory” from 1996, and it is exactly the same frame as my orange BB.  It sure is pretty though!!!  If your willing to go higher than my bid (???+sellers 40 S&H), I would consider purchasing and forwarding it to you.  I also found an extra Razor Rock link that I could send you for the Straight 8 frame I sold you last year, if you want it.  I have no need for it now. 

BTW, that is me selling the Banger swingarm on Ebay.  If there is any interest from a member of this site, I am open for all trades.  What you got????  I need an 80mm travel or less fork for another project right now.

Keep the rubber side down     

oldschool559
    Participant

Hello, Eric!

Please specify your fork needs.

Best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top