Forum Replies Created
- AuthorPosts
livernoseParticipantThat’s a sweet bike. Don’t see them in that condition much anymore.
livernoseParticipantSorry I missed this. I bought a Project Underground frame off an auction site in February and then I think it was you that that mentioned another one for sale. I got that one too. #1 needed a few minor touch ups, and #2 needed major touch ups. #1 built up with period correct mainly NOS XTR, Avid Ultimate Ops brakes, Mavic 717 rims/ Blue Machine Tech hubs, IRC Mythos XC tires, Thomson stem and set back seat post, and Easton Monkey Lite bars and a blue stinger saddle. Probably going to keep this as a display bike. #2 new 2 X 10- XT with XT shifters and Avid Ultimate brakes, same bars, same rims/tires with XTR hubs, same saddle. I’m gonna ride this one. When I finish both I’ll post pictures.
livernoseParticipantTry and contact them as I bought a Factory Homegrown set of decals from them about a month and a half ago.
May 18, 2013 at 1:55 am in reply to: Im having homegrown decals made up please register you interest here. #3540
livernoseParticipantVelocals.com sells some Homegrown decals. Good quality.
livernoseParticipantI see them on the auction website every now and then, and they usuallly go for around $100.
livernoseParticipantDid you sell the Project Underground? If it’s the thermoplastic model I would be interested in the frame. Let me know.
Thanks
livernoseParticipantHey Eric, I would imagine that you would have to find a person that wanted that specific bike. Most of the people I know want something a lot newer and modern. I still have my 1994 prototype Homegrown which I’ll never sell. I finally switched to a Specialized Epic full suspension for xc, and put specialized fatboy tires on my Homegrown. I use it for rides with my friends that ride hybrid bikes. I’ve riden my Homegrown for a long time and actually cracked my original frame. I loved the bike, and nothing compares to it for climbing long rocky single track. Thank God I had given an identical frame to my brother that he never used, so he gave it back to me.
livernoseParticipantThat’s a nice frame. I personally have 2. They are a very limited edition and are very hard to find. They were made in 1994 and if you look on the bottom bracket there should be a date stamp. Most people don’t know what they are and aren’t interested in paying a lot of money for them. I agree with the previous comments about it being a display or collector frame. I have ridden mine in the dirt for over 10 years and now use it for a hybrid style with 1 1/2″ smooth tires. I just did a 123 mile ride last weekend around Lake Okeechobee with a few friends on paved and unpaved trails.
livernoseParticipantThat is a cool looking adaptor. I wish I had seen it before I bought another one.
livernoseParticipant
If that’s a 22mm disc mount you will need an adaptor to use modern disc brakes. I just bought an adaptor on an ebay auction from B & S Fabrication for $34 shipped. I am waiting for delivery, and hope it works. I’m trying to install Avid Juicy 5 hydraulic brakes on my Son’s 2000 Moab. The Moab has the same 22mm mount on Homegrowns from that era. There are vintage used Hayes mechanical brakes out there, but I am scared of trying to find obsolete parts, plus they’re real expensive.October 27, 2010 at 12:12 am in reply to: 1995-ish Schwinn Homegrown – Newbie and could use some help identifying… #2929
livernoseParticipantMatt,
I would say you got a very good deal. I have 2 of those frames and they look identical to the Project Colorado frames. I have been told by my LBS owner that he had one of those frames back in the day and that there were a limited number released to Schwinn shop employees (racers?) only in 1994. He said it is a prototype Homegrown and sold for $2500. I cracked one of my frames at the head tube, and have it in the shop right now moving everything to my other identical frame. It is a sweet XC bike I’m sure you’ll love. I have ridden mine for 10 years and replaced all the original components and put a SID shock on it. It originally came with an yellow SL Judy, XT crank, and everything else XTR (canti brakes), with Titec titanium bars and a Thompson seat post. Enjoy.
- AuthorPosts